Volunteer Opportunities Open at the Sheridan Senior Center:
Wyoming Senior Citizens Inc. and the Sheridan Senior Center has openings for the Senior Companions.
Senior Companions are caring individuals over 55 on a limited income and are able to work up to 20 hours of service per week offering companionship, friendship, activities, shopping, simple home management chores, and more. Benefits include a tax free stipend of $2.65 per hour, mileage and meal reimbursement, paid holidays and paid time off, and in service training.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this important service please contact Terri Hayden, Director of Volunteer Services at 30-672-2240 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heritage Towers Dining Room needs meal servers.
Green Boomerang Thrift Store needs volunteers in several areas – primarily for Saturdays. You earn store credit for your volunteer time!
Volunteer administrative support is always appreciated.
If you are interested in serving our greatest citizens- our seniors, come visit with Terri Hayden- Volunteer Director Sheridan Senior Center.
Our volunteer program is a great way to give back to the community in ways that use your best talents and interests! We believe in matching each volunteer with an area of service that uses their skills in ways that will build them personally and build the organization.
Maybe you want to develop certain skills, get out of the house, meet new people, or simply give back. Whatever your reason for volunteering, we are grateful to have you! Our mission is to celebrate, embrace, and serve older adults for the betterment of our community. Please consider joining us!
We have many areas you can volunteer, for example:
- Delivering Home Delivered Meals
- Assist in the dining room
- Senior Companions (55+)
- Special Events
- Office/Computer Skills
- Dining Room Entertainment
- Special Skills/Talents
- General Cleaning
- Assist in various program areas
- Help at Green Boomerang, the Senior Center thrift store
Want to volunteer? Follow these simple steps!
- Learn more about open positions and contact us through volunteermatch.org
- OR print the APPLICATION and CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT and return them to the Sheridan Senior Center
- Have questions? Call Volunteer Director, Terri Hayden, at 307-672-2240 ext. 131.
- Become a Senior Center volunteer and have amazing experiences while you make Sheridan County a better community!